Telling Tales

5 Essential Tips For Business Storytelling

In August, I was unsure of where I wanted to go for university. At that time, I was working retail and wanted to keep working full-time so I thought I would do a couple of courses with Athabasca online, but that didn't last for long because I went to Brandon and played soccer against Assiniboine community college, and they told me to do a semester with them and also play soccer with them. I also had the option of Brandon university as well as providence because I knew of those places and was interested in going there the year before. August was gone and September was here, and I still hadn't decided if I wanted to do online or go to ACC. I was very confused and decided to go with ACC and just do a semester with them and was almost about to apply with them. All while this was happening my brother already had decided where he wanted to go and had applied to CMU, on the day he had his orientation meeting my parents called me and told me that they talked with the admission department about me, and they said that it’s still not too late to send my application in. I thought about it, and my parents said it will be much easier if both my brother and I go to the same school. I liked this idea because it took some burden off of me and I also wanted to not be so far from home. I got in contact with the admission department and sent my applications in that same day. I also made sure to get in contact with the soccer coaches because I also wanted to play soccer. the next day my application was accepted, and the soccer coaches responded back saying there are still two more practices before our first two games. this is how I ended up at CMU and I'm so happy that it happened, even though I didn't know much about CMU before I joined it, I'm still happy with it and I wish I had known about it before. I have made many good friends and I also get to study with my brother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Portfolio Project

Communication, Meaningful work, Identity

How to Pitch a Brilliant Idea (Video)