Final Portfolio Project

For my final portfolio, I choose 5 of my free creations from class that I really liked, and I also wanted to choose each from different category to reflect everything that I learned from this class better. 

1.    communication, meaningful work, identify (Journalistic question) 

2.    Difference at work (free-write)

3.    telling tales (story-telling) 

4.    is silence killing your company (visual creation)

5.    Image (visual Rhetoric)

story: My name is Ayesha Umar, and I am a first-year student at Canadian Mennonite University. Welcome to my blog for business and organizational communication class, I will be posting all of my work here as well as my final portfolio. A few things about me are that I like to play soccer a lot and read some books in my free time. I like the rain but not when it's to a point where soccer games have to be cancelled. I admire the nature and find it very peaceful.

 

voice: I really tried to bring out my voice in all my creations, I also make a couple of memes that would bring the creative side of my voice out. I want my voice to reflect the different issues that we are learning about in class, and I want us as business student to learn from it and become entrepreneurs that have knowledge and respect for the earth and for those living on it. 


logo: I don’t have a specific logo, but my profile picture for my portfolio are green palm leaves that go together with my theme of nature and green. 


imagery: the type of imagery I used relates back to my creations, I tried to keep most of my imagery light with the exception of a few. I tried to keep a theme of having similar kinds of imagery with all of my post so that it also relates to one another in a sense. 

typography: I chose fonts like times new roman and other fonts that are very easy to read as well as very beautiful that can step up my portfolio. I tried to make my font size bigger so that my message in each creation is easy to understand. None of my writings are cursive and my title is in a clear font and it’s a large size to make it easier to understand.


colour: the colours I chose for my portfolio are black and different shades of green with hints of orange/yellow. They go very well together but also bring life to my portfolio. I also think they make my portfolio look organized and serious. I have many serious issues that are mentioned from our presentations on the many different topics that need to be address, btu I also have some fun ways to improve the way business is done, and I think my colours really play a part in expressing both sides of my portfolio. These are also my favourite colours which makes my portfolio a little more personal to me and it also shows a little of the type of person I am. I like nature a lot and green reminds me of that, it brings joy to me.  Black to me seems powerful, and strong. It’s also very modern/formal colour that can add elegance to anything. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communication, Meaningful work, Identity

How to Pitch a Brilliant Idea (Video)